Date: 7/30/20 10:50 am
From: Gerald Meenaghan <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender meenaghang for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Re: Bar-tailed Godwit. Yes, 9:33
OBOL,

Thanks to Marty, we (Roger Robb, John Sullivan, Pam Otley, and the Meenaghans) were able to get great looks at the bar-tailed godwit from about 9:40-10:20am between Ona Beach and Curtis St. The bird was associating with two whimbrel and feeding along the shore. At about 10:20, the birds were spooked. The whimbrel flew south and the godwit flew north. Walking north to Beaver Creek, we could not see the godwit anywhere north, so it has likely flown back to the Lost Creek / Thiel Creek area. Thanks again, Marty!

Good birding!

Gerry Meenaghan
<meenaghang...>
Eugene, OR 97405
541-221-4307

> On Jul 30, 2020, at 9:37 AM, marty bray <mborcc...> wrote:
>
> ´╗┐It is about 1/3 mile north of Curtis St.
> We are watching it now.
> Marty and Jeannie
> Seal Rock
> 541 272 1805