Date: 7/30/20 6:46 am
From: Tom Arny <tarny...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]Mexican Chickadees, Hermit and Townsend Warblers, Chiricahuas,AZ
External Email

My wife and I spent yesterday morning (July 29, 2020) poking along the road from Onion Saddle to Rustler Park in the Chiricahuas above Portal, AZ.
We stopped at many patches of evergreens and found lots of first year Grace’s Warblers. Other warblers were: Black-throated Gray, Red-faced, Hermit, and Townsend warblers. These small flocks generally had several Mexican Chickadees with them. We probably saw a total of six chickadees. We also had two very large flocks of bushtits and many Pygmy Nuthatches.
Wildflowers were scarce (so far).
In Portal itself we saw two male Rufous Hummingbirds and a Violet-crowned, plus the usual other hummers.
Tom Arny
General Delivery
Portal, AZ
85632