Date: 7/29/20 6:55 pm
From: <oharbour...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]SEAZ Barfoot Park, Chiricahuas
External Email

Hi all,

Bob and I spent a delightful several hours birding midday at Barfoot
Park today. We walked down the road to a place near the
Heliport/Trailhead sign. There’s a little trickle of water there
attracting lots of birds. We saw many Hairy Woodpeckers, Red-shafted
Flickers, Pygmy and White-breasted Nuthatches, and the ubiquitous
Yellow-eyed Junco. The highlights, besides just seeing large numbers of
those birds, were Red-faced, Grace’s, and Black-throated Gray Warblers,
plus Painted Redstarts. A surprise bird, for me anyway, was a
Buff-breasted Flycatcher. We also heard Greater Pewee and Western
Wood-pewee.

Good birding!

Olga Harbour
Tucson, AZ