Date: 7/29/20 12:29 pm
From: Dan Gleason <dan-gleason...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Do Black-capped Black-capped Chickadees hover?
I have seen them hovering but not very often and certainly not for long. Once was while backing away from a feeder and a couple of times within the dense foliage of a tree, probably seeking an insect or spider.

Dan Gleason

Dan Gleason
Owner, Wild Birds Unlimited of Eugene
Ornithology Instructor, retired, University of Oregon
<dan-gleason...>