Date: 7/29/20 12:10 pm
From: Stephen Mirick <smirick...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Rochester Wastewater Treatment Plant - RULES REMINDER
David Green and the Rochester WTP have been incredible in their
flexibility in allowing birders to visit over the last 25+ years.  We
are privileged to have had the opportunity to bird watch in this premier
location.  Let's hope it continues, but we need to be careful or we will
lose that privilege. Recently, a birder got STUCK INSIDE the plant and
needed to be "rescued" by paying a worker overtime to go in and let him
out. THANKFULLY, we still are permitted to visit.  A reminder of the rules:

* The plant closes promptly at 3 PM.  BIRDERS NEED TO BE OUT BY 2:45
PM.  Construction is on-going right now and the gate may be open past
that time.  BUT BIRDERS STILL NEED TO BE OUT BY 2:45!!!
* The plant is CLOSED ON WEEKENDS.
* Park in an assigned parking space.  Don't even think about driving in
past the parking lot.  And be aware of construction.  Don't obstruct any
workers.
* Because of COVID, you do NOT NEED TO CHECK IN. Checking in was a rule
in the past.

Steve Mirick
Bradford, MA