Date: 7/29/20 8:23 am
From: Lindsey Duval <lindsey.duval...>
Subject: [hmbirds] some more Red Crossbills and Great Horned Owls
Had some more Red Crossbills, this time at the Corkscrew Rail Trail! I
don't think they are hanging around there as much as the Rensselaer
Plateau-y spots.

If anybody is out Stephentown, NY way I totally suggest going to the
Corkscrew Rail Trail, it's still very birdy, had about 51 species this
morning, including some fledgling Chestnut-sided Warblers and 3 singing
Canadas (can't seem to find a fledgling for them yet) and a woodpecker 6
pack.

Also, yesterday evening I birded the Cemetery of the Evergreens in New
Lebanon, NY. Also decent for birds. I heard a loud repeated screeching call
near the north side and a Great Horned Owl flew up into a spruce and looked
down at me. A much larger Great Horned Owl also flew into the same tree
soon after. It was pretty late so they were probably getting ready to hunt
the cemetery grounds and nearby farm.

- Lindsey D.
New Lebanon, NY