Date: 7/29/20 7:00 am
From: <loonphotog...>
Subject: [NHBirds] NH Loons
I got out on the lake before yeserday's rain. Nobody there but me and the loons. A first for this summer.
Got to visit with a raft 10 of adult loons.
https://youtu.be/EtggoPyOG68

After the chicks have hatched or the nests fail, the adults tend to gather most mornings for an hour or so. If one of the pairs has surviving chicks one of the parents stays with the chicks while the other visits the group. As the chicks get older both parents go off until time to feed the chicks.

John Rockwood