Date: 7/28/20 9:13 pm
From: Jim Rowoth <rowoth...>
Subject: Re: [SJBirds] White Slough WTP Semi Sandpiper
Ralph should not feel bad for missing the Bank Swallow at the Lodi Sewage Ponds. Upon further reflection and consideration of the tail shape, it morphed into a juvenile Northern Rough-winged Swallow—juvenile delinquency strikes again. Such an easy mis-identification, which I’ll wager we have all made at one time or another. And nice work on the Semipalmated Sandpiper. With shorebird migration well underway, it is possible/probable that there are different individuals being seen out there of late.

I actually drove south on I-5 from Hwy 12 this afternoon and noticed (for the first time ever) that there was a yellow gate blocking the entry to the White Slough Wildlife Area, so I was glad that Ralph confirmed this fact. Let’s hope that this is a signal that the "powers that be" are finally going to do something about the atrocious condition of the dirt entry road and maybe even clean up the garbage and cut back on the riff-raff that are frequently found there.

Jim Rowoth
Stockton