Date: 7/28/20 8:42 pm
From: Patricia Burden <tallerpat526...>
Subject: [birders] Shiawassee NWR question
We went to Shiawassee NWR Sunday. I would guess we saw around 100
Amer. White Pelicans. And last year, we saw a similar number later in
the season. I can recall some years back when there was great
excitement about this species showing up anywhere in Michigan. So why
are they hanging out in such numbers here now? A couple of good
breeding years? The disappearance of old stop-over spots elsewhere?
Pat Burden
Melvin & Yale, MI

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAD76NUFRuYnpOu3SjyxRAh%<2BT6cyuVxQWfQ3JSC6xBXrNcd5Ytw...>