Date: 7/28/20 2:00 pm
From: Shawneen Finnegan <shawneenfinnegan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: RBA: Little Stint and Clatsop County Birding the past fortnight
David:

Dave Irons and I both looked at the photos and are not seeing Little Stint. To us it looks like a Semi. It lacks the finer tipped, slimmer bill and the prominent split supercilium. The photos aren’t clear enough to see if there is webbing or not.

Given how variable juvenile Semis can be — some even incredibly rusty all over— we can’t turn this into a Little Stint.

Shawneen and Dave

> On Jul 28, 2020, at 1:26 PM, David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...> wrote:
>

> Molly has added 10 photos of the bird in question to her Semipalmated Sandpiper entry in this ebird submission: https://ebird.org/checklist/S71839324 <https://ebird.org/checklist/S71839324>
>
> Some of these photos show both the undisputed Semipalmated Sandpiper and the putative LITTLE STINT.
>
> I could be wrong, and that's okay. Let all who care to chime in! Go!
>
> David

Join us on Facebook!