Date: 7/28/20 9:19 am
From: Dan Smith <dan...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Blue Gray Gnatcatcher
The distribution map for Blue-gray Gnatcatcher in Birds of the World Online, shows the Hill Country to be within the species’ breeding range and year-round presence being just south of about San Antonio. I should think finding one in the area at just about any time is quite possible.

Dan Smith
<dan...> <mailto:<dan...>
512-451-2632
http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com <http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com/>

"Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.” Thomas Jefferson, 1814.

> On Jul 28, 2020, at 11:01 AM, Linda Valdez <ldvaldez...> wrote:
>
> As I was getting dressed to go out this morning, I saw a very small bird that was all gray with white outer-tail feathers. To me it looked like a Blue Gray Gnatcatcher. I know we have them here in the Hill Country all winter, is it to early for them to be here?
> ldv
> Linda D Valdez
> <ldvaldez...> <mailto:<ldvaldez...>

Join us on Facebook!