Date: 7/27/20 12:29 pm
From: JULIANA <juliana.manoliu...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] my first of the season returning rails
On 7/27/20 I saw one juvenile /*Sora*/ and one adult /*Virginia rail
*/in Coast Casey forebay in Mountain View. The Sora was seen 5 times,
the Virginia rail only once and very briefly. While watching for rails
saw two /*Common yellowthroa*/t (1M,1F) heard  an unidentified bird in
the reeds-passerine type. Also saw the growing avocet chick nearby.

Unfortunately the other location where I saw Virginia rails in previous
years is no more: While walking past the FAA antenna at WTCP in
Sunnyvale on 7/24/20 I encountered heavy duty dredging equipment which
removed all the vegetation on that side of the channel.

Juliana Manoliu

View/Reply Online (#22066): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22066
-=-=-
-=-=-