Date: 7/27/20 9:30 am
From: Jody Williams <fisherwoods...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]7/27 Arthur Pack Reg Park, NW Tucson
External Email

Yesterday I struggled to reach 30 species in my two mile circuit. Today was a different story: Just after starting, I found an adult male Western Tanager by the trail parking area. According to eBird, it was #201 for the park. In short order I found a female Hooded Oriole, a male Bullock’s Oriole, Black-throated Sparrows, 5 Western Kingbirds in the same shrub, a Northern Flicker and many Northern Mockingbirds.
An adult male Yellow-headed Blackbird really lit up in the morning sun. Brown-headed Cowbirds are increasing, added a female Bronze Cowbird. At least a dozen Ash-throated Flycatchers were about in twos and threes.
Two more orioles stayed in the foliage of a mesquite; I think they were Hooded.
Two Spotted and two Least Sandpipers were at the 7th hole pond.

Lots of desert cottontails and a Black-tailed Jackrabbit.

John R WilliamsHome Page: https://list.arizona.edu/sympa/info/aznmbirds