Date: 7/27/20 9:13 am
From: Justin Bosler <justin.bosler...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Hurricane Hanna birds at Lake Casa Blanca (Webb Co.)
Texbirds,

With most parks being closed these days, you have to get creative in how
you access key birding locations (especially after driving over 6 hours to
get there). Despite it being a state park, Lake Casa Blanca International
State Park was closed to the public. Why the exception from other state
parks? Good question.

Part of the lake and, most importantly, the sandbar with the bird activity
was visible from the El Ranchito Road access here:

https://goo.gl/maps/SBYxzeDAxJ3fcyUu7

Good birding!
Justin Bosler
Austin, Texas