Date: 7/26/20 5:48 pm
From: Andy Thomas <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender adt0611 for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Re: Hawk or Jay?
This one sounded loud and clear to me, despite my lousy phone recording. I'm leaning toward Steller's Jay myself, but, of course I'll never know for certain. Even comparing sonograms in the Macaulay Library didn't help very much. A hint, as I think about it after the fact, is that a hawk calling attention to itself would probably have attracted mobsters in that setting, but that didn't happen.

Andrew Thomas

Good criteria. But typically the scream of a Red-tailed Hawk is stronger and more vigorous than the imitation of Steller's Jay. With practice the difference is discernable. Darrel