Date: 7/26/20 4:11 pm
From: Kay Carter <KayCarter001...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Hawk or Jay?
I used to think I could tell the difference, but have since decided that was hubris. If it’s coming from high in the sky and there are no trees of any sort around, I definitely start looking for a red tail. If it’s coming from deep in a tree AND is accompanied by typical Steller’s “chuckling,” I’m content to smile to myself at what good mimics the jays are. In any other situation, I withhold judgement. I’ve proven myself wrong – both ways – too many times.

Kay Carter
Canby