Date: 7/26/20 1:25 pm
From: Brian Gibbons <thehornedguan...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]SEAZ: Tucson Migration Morning Flight - 26 July 2020
External Email

Hi Birders

Another active migration this morning, yesterday's mockingbird movement
wasn't much in evidence today but a couple of new migrants spiced things
up. I had a Common Ground-Dove flyby, just the second ever for my yard in 8
years. A trio of White-faced Ibis was interesting too as I see very few
waterbirds in this area. A male Broad-tailed Hummingbird whirred overhead.
It will be interesting to see if we see more montane migrants this fall
post-Bighorn Fire.

The migrants

Common Ground-Dove 1
Broad-tailed Hummingbird 1
White-faced Ibis 3
Gilded Flicker 1 (probably a migrant/disperser as I haven't had them in the
neighborhood this spring and summer)
Vermillion Flycatcher 1
Ash-throated Flycatcher 3
Western Kingbird 3
Northern Mockingbird 22 a good tally but far from yesterday's 89!
Phainopepla 31
Chipping Sparrow 2
Lark Sparrow 38, first big push of this common migrant
Bullock's Oriole 16
Scott's Oriole 1
Lucy's Warbler 1
warbler sp 3
Western Tanager 12
Black-headed Grosbeak 3
Lazuli Bunting 2
passerine sp 14

A few folks have expressed interest in this morning flight, I hope they
post their findings here to further elucidate this phenomenon.

Good birding,
Brian from SE Tucson