Date: 7/26/20 7:20 am
From: Clifford Cathers <azbirding...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]AZ:07/26/20:Vail Yard Oddities
External Email

Imagine my surprise this morning to find a BARN OWL perched in my backyard mesquite, in the exact spot a ZONE-TAILED HAWK was perched yesterday morning.  The lack of rainfall (0.0 cumulative inches in Vail as of today for the entire monsoon season) might be causing stuff to move around quite a bit in search of food, water and shelter (I think my water source has become a popular spot).  I never thought to ever have a Barn Owl in this yard.

A wave of immature BULLOCK'S ORIOLEs seem to be moving through this week.

Someone please send some rain this way...

Clifford A. Cathers

Vail, AZHome Page: https://list.arizona.edu/sympa/info/aznmbirds