Date: 7/25/20 9:38 pm
From: Brian Nicholas <weehawker2...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]SEAZ: Pima County-Avra Valley shorebirds
External Email

This evening Derik and Erin Bowen and I had some good shorebirds in flooded fields at the north end of Sandario Road just before it reaches Avra Valley Rd (and the airport). There was pretty good variety for our area including Baird's and at least one Semipalmated Sandpiper (pending confirmation in eBird). We were looking east so the setting sun was at our backs. Pumps were still pushing out water so this could be a good area in the coming week. I did not go further south along Sandario but the shorebirds were moving around a lot so I imagine there are other good fields to explore.
Good birding!Brian NicholasHome Page: https://list.arizona.edu/sympa/info/aznmbirds