Date: 7/25/20 8:03 pm
From: Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] CT Bird Atlas and CT Blue Trails
I was recently doing a bit of Atlas Block Busting and found the Connecticut Walk Book to be invaluable. Blue and related trails will frequently cross roads, allowing you to safely park near the trail head and take short walks into a variety of habitats. Many public trail easements are the only way to access portions of private property. Earlier Walk Book editions provided brief hike descriptions which may guide you to target habitats. Trail maps are also available at the Connecticut Forest and Park Association and DEEP State Park/Forest websites as well as commercial App sites such as Alltrails. These compliment the excellent guidance provided on the CT Bird Atlas Block Maps page.
My trip morphed into a late-Atlas, block sign-up. There's still time to adopt a block and learn so much more about the distribution of birds in Connecticut.
Steve MayoBethany