Date: 7/25/20 6:11 pm
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: another mystery vocalist
I had a similar experience here at Kuder Creek(Washington) where VATH was detectable on a daily basis in early July three out of the last 27 years. What about hatch year birds? They should sound a bit different from their 'rents .Definitely a heavy wave of post breeding dispersal on the Valley side the past ten days.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Darrel Faxon <t4c1x...> Date: 7/25/20 5:31 PM (GMT-08:00) To: obol <obol...> Subject: [obol] another mystery vocalist This morning at  Thornton Creek (Lincoln) I heard another bird, which puzzled me. If I had heard it between October and March I would probably have called it a Varied Thrust, because the call was similar. However, I have NEVER heard or seen a Varied Thrush here in the summer, and this call was slightly different. I got a pretty good recording of the call on my cell phone, so won't try to describe it. Whenever I figure out how to transfer the video to the computer, I will post the recording. There are still dinosaurs at Thornton Creek - one, anyway.Darrel

Join us on Facebook!