Date: 7/25/20 5:31 pm
From: Darrel Faxon <t4c1x...>
Subject: [obol] another mystery vocalist
This morning at Thornton Creek (Lincoln) I heard another bird, which puzzled me. If I had heard it between October and March I would probably have called it a Varied Thrust, because the call was similar. However, I have NEVER heard or seen a Varied Thrush here in the summer, and this call was slightly different. I got a pretty good recording of the call on my cell phone, so won't try to describe it. Whenever I figure out how to transfer the video to the computer, I will post the recording. There are still dinosaurs at Thornton Creek - one, anyway.

Darrel

Join us on Facebook!