Date: 7/25/20 2:22 pm
From: janna pauser <jannapauser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Oak Meadow & Vasona, Los Gatos
Oak Meadow was rather quiet at 9 am, likely due to all the crows and
ravens. Still I had at least a dozen juvenile HOODED ORIOLES and a few
BLACK HEADED GROSBEAK. A surprise here was a male COMMON YELLOWTHROAT
and a BLUE GRAY GNATCATCHER. Favorite bird was a WESTERN WOOD PEWEE.

I heard and saw 7 more BLACK HEADED GROSBEAKS in VASONA and birded only
between the two bridges. I saw two WILSON'S WARBLER, a PACIFIC SLOPE
FLYCATCHER and ORANGE CROWNED WARBLER in the willows on the east side of
the creek. More HOOR's here too.

We have an abundance of HOODED ORIOLES at two backyard feeders. A
fledgling SPOTTED TOWHEE and young CAL. SCRUB JAY finally showed up this
week. A few female type BLACK HEADED GROSBEAKS have been at feeders the
last two or three weeks. Hope the figs ripen before the orioles leave,
we sure can't eat them all.

Janna Pauser
Almaden Valley

View/Reply Online (#22061): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22061