Date: 7/25/20 9:44 am
From: Brian Gibbons <thehornedguan...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]SEAZ: Tucson Migration Morning Flight
External Email

Hi Birders

Migration was on this morning! I had my best ever day for Northern
Mockingbird migration with 89 birds passing from 7-8 am. Not everyone knows
this is a common early migrant through Southeast Arizona. A Gray Flycatcher
was a nice surprise in my Palo Verde.

Migrants were seen at mostly tree top level or tree-hopping their way
south. The mockingbirds seemed to be moving more in a southeasterly
direction.

American Kestrel 1
Gray Flycatcher 1
Ash-throated Flycatcher 5
Western Kingbird 11
kingbird sp 2
Tree Swallow 3
Northern Mockingbird 89
Phainopepla 17
Chipping Sparrow 1
Lark Sparrow 18
Bullock's Oriole 31 (one of my best tallys)
Lucy's Warbler 6
Western Tanager 16
Black-headed Grosbeak 5
Lazuli Bunting 1
passerine sp, mostly mid-sized (oriole, grosbeak, tanager)

On the 22nd I had 18 Black-headed Grosbeaks flyover, one of my best tallies
ever.

Good Birding
Brian from SE Tucson