Date: 7/25/20 8:09 am
From: Bill Bousman <barlowi...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] San Antonio Valley (yesterday)
Folks:

Yesterday, 7/24/20, I birded a transect of San Antonio Valley, starting
from the Alameda line on Mines Road and finishing at the Mt. Hamilton
summit.  The seasonal rainfall totals for 2019-20 were about 50% in
Northern California and in the Diablo Range interior the effect was
apparent.  Colorado Creek was mostly dry (although there is a pool from
a local spring at the Mines Road crossing) and Sweetwater Creek had a
little bit of water moving.  All of the other creeks were dry except for
occasional puddles.  The limited water concentrates birds.  My best
estimate was about 22+ LAWRENCE'S GOLDFINCHES at the Colorado Creek
crossing and about 24+ along Sweetwater Creek.  I saw two BELL'S
SPARROWS at the first summit on Mines Road.  Then, at the big curve
halfway to Colorado Creek, I saw both male and female PHAINOPEPLAS.

Bill Bousman
Menlo Park

View/Reply Online (#22059): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22059
-=-=-