Date: 7/24/20 11:32 am
From: Thomas Love <tlove...>
Subject: [obol] some Clackamas Co shorebird habitat
There is a promising patch of mud on the east side of Grahams Ferry Rd (across from Coffee Lake) at 4519'47.66"N, 12247'30.86"W that held two GREATER YELLOWLEGS (one in breeding plumage) this morning. I see from Google Maps that this is officially called the Coffee Lake Wetlands. Has anyone tried to access this other than from Grahams Ferry Rd, which is borderline dangerous with whizzing traffic and no shoulders?

Forgot if I reported this already, but the Blount Rd slough east of Canby is not much anymore - has been transformed into a narrow channelized draw on the south side of the fence and a reed/brush-choked wet area on the north side of the fence.

There is promising mud on the south side of Nyberg Rd east of I-5 in Tualatin, but most of this is still in Washington Co. (i.e., west of SW 65th). The little stretch on east into Clackamas Co is hard to bird and seems generally much poorer shorebird habitat.

Tom

Join us on Facebook!