Date: 7/24/20 11:23 am
From: Rob Denholtz <robdenholtz...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Carp Bluffs Ravens
Carpinteria Bluffs, Friday morning, July 24, 2020

This morning there was a Common Raven perched in a euc at the southern edge of the Bluffs. As I watched it, it flew to another tree and joined a second Raven already perched there. Ravens are seen on the Bluffs now and then; what I thought was special was that this sighting involved a (mated?) pair.

I put two pictures on eBird CHECKLIST S71779949 one, a distant shot of the first bird. The other is a long shot taken from the western parking lot to show you the tree in which the pair was perched. I do not know if they nested in that tree or anywhere on the Bluffs, although it would not be the first time we've had nesting Ravens there.

Rob Denholtz
Carp

View/Reply Online (#30736): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/30736
-=-=-