Date: 7/23/20 8:04 pm
From: Ryan Shackleton <shack357...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Allamakee County-ID confirmation please?
Spent the morning walking the Paint Rock area at Yellow River Forest, mainly looking for rattlesnakes. Found one of those, big one about 4 feet long(second one I've seen in the area now) but it was in thick grass and tough to get decent photos. Heard lots of bird calls I didn't recognize, and this guy hopped up in a tree. Lark sparrow? Not sure, haven't put a lot of effort into identifying the sparrows but it was good enough to give me a nice view, so the least I can do is figure it out.
Ryan Shackleton
Alta Vista, IA
Chickasaw County