Date: 7/23/20 1:23 pm
From: Doug Jenness <d_jenness...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]Reddish Egret--Santa Cruz Flats
External Email

7/23/20

This morning I observed a REDDISH EGRET in the Big Sky Ave. area in the southwestern part of the Santa Cruz Flats. Access is via Pearce Rd. This is the first sighting that I know of for the Santa Cruz Flats. At first it was with several Great Egrets and a Great Blue Heron. It then flew about a mile where I saw it again 45 minutes later.

Later I saw a MARBLED GODWIT at the Caballero Dairy. Then a huge rainstorm came flooding many of the roads.

Checklists for both are here:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S71755201
https://ebird.org/checklist/S71755509

Doug Jenness