Date: 7/23/20 9:57 am
From: 'Phil Brown' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] likely Little Blue Heron in Wolfeboro
An iNaturalist report shared with me by Gretchen Nareff lists the subject bird as a Cattle Egret, but it looks more like a young Little Blue Heron to me. The location is Lake Wentworth off Rt. 109 just northeast of the center of Wolfeboro.Confirmation of an ID would be helpful as the photo in report below is grainy.

Cattle Egret (Bubulcus ibis)

| | |

| |
Cattle Egret (Bubulcus ibis)

Cattle Egret from Center St, Wolfeboro, NH, US on July 23, 2020 at 08:55 AM by jenniferzw

Phil BrownHancock, NH