Date: 7/23/20 6:43 am
From: R. Adney Jr. <rfadney...>
Subject: [obol] Re: No we can't let that one go unaddressed
Thanks for your response Matt. I'm truly sorry you have experienced bias due to your sexual orientation. While I can't know what racial bias feels like, let me tell everyone something. I grew up poor, we lived near where Sam R road is located in Eugene when I was born. That is where the black folks lived because Eugene did not tolerate black folks for much of its history. I had the good fortune to be born with red hair. That red hair was a reason to be bullied, beaten, threatened and scared to the point of nausea to go to school for fear of more of the same. I have the facial scars from having my face ground into the curb by several boys from the beat downs. One of these bullies cost me my right eye because I had red hair. I won't elaborate on the names I was called because most everyone probably knows them. I was a diminutive shy, skinny kid with flaming red hair. Usually the only one in school with red hair so I hung out with all the other kids who were "different". Different in many ways, among them effeminate boys, Tom Boy girls, nerds and even kids of different races. I don't see things in folks that are "different" by how they are different, no matter what anyone on OBOL thinks. I see a person and so should everyone else. It irks me that we have to see everything today though eyes filtered by the differences in people. Sorry if that makes me a bad person.

Rich Adney

http://avianpics.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adneyvisualarts/
http://www.oregonimages.net<http://www.oregonimages.net/>