Date: 7/22/20 4:41 pm
From: Joel Geier <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] Weird sounds from a Mountain Quail mom on Gooseneck Road (Polk Co.)
Hi all,

Roy Gerig was trying to post this himself but he's still dealing with e-mail service issues, so he sent me this via Facebook Messenger:

"I heard the most insane sounds about noon today up along Gooseneck Ridge in west Polk, a mother Mountain Quail clucking and then mewling like a cat for almost 10 minutes. I have never heard that crazy sound and I have encountered MOQU many times in that part of the coast range. I found a similar recording on xeno-canto."

Here's a link to Roy's list which gives more details:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S71731057

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis