Date: 7/22/20 12:31 pm
From: Patrick and Christine Tamborra via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Migration in July - LA Waterthrush
Yes for both species.

________________________________
From: CTBirds <ctbirds-bounces...> on behalf of Roy Harvey via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 2:14:15 PM
To: CT Birds <ctbirds...>

Several years ago I saw a waterthrush - I never did figure out which one - feeding a young bird. The problem was, it was feeding a Brown-headed Cowbird bigger than it was. Would that be considered evidence of breeding?

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT

On Jul 22, 2020, at 2:03 PM, Gregory Hanisek via CTBirds <ctbirds...> wrote:

I've had no trouble finding Louisiana Waterthrusheson territory in their
very specific preferred habitat, but until this year I hadn't confirmed
any. Having failed to find any nests, I concentrated this year on looking
for family groups in July. I was able to confirm them in 2 places when I
found adults feeding young out of the nest, both earlier this month.

Greg Hanisek
Watebury