Date: 7/22/20 9:33 am
From: Lindsey Duval <lindsey.duval...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Albert Family Community Forest - RECR, EVGR
I spent all morning hiking all the trails at Albert Family Community Forest
in Renss. Co. Had another flyover "jip jip jip"ing Red Crossbill.

While hiking the white trail I got to a clearing at almost the highest
elevation there (I think it's around 1100', not too far from the hemlock
swamp on the trail map) and took a break, and ended up hearing an Evening
Grosbeak singing its loose, husky-ish short trill repeatedly. Couldn't find
the bird in the horrible overcast lighting, much to my annoyance, because I
won't count it as my lifer without a good visual, but I've learned the song
and call over time so I can at least add the species to my checklist for
record keeping. It flew while I was trying to find it and called as well,
giving a flat clear "chewp" sort of like a House Sparrow call.