Date: 7/22/20 8:52 am
From: Beverly Propen via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Wading Bird ID?
Thank you for your response, Arthur. I got home and I am looking at all my
bird guides and online resources. Spotted sandpiper coloring (for juvenile
or non-breeding) was good but this bird had a bit longer neck & darker
bill. I looked at Solitary sandpiper, in Sibley's -describes it in
"muddy, vegetation-enclosed ponds and creeks". Both Spotted and Solitary
describe the bobbing motion that I observed.
Of course, I can't be 100% sure, but I'm fairly sure it was one of those
two. I need to get better at sandpiper IDs.
Thank you again. Very much appreciated!
Bev Propen, Orange