Date: 7/22/20 8:17 am
From: Rebecca Suomala <rsuomala2...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Sedge Wren update
Hi All,
The Sedge Wren that I reported at Meadow Brook Marsh on Rt. 25 in Sandwich is generating lots of questions. Here's the situation so far.

There is definitely a Marsh Wren at the site which Ken Klapper has posted to eBird with recordings.
Ken and other locals have been to the site but haven't heard the Sedge.

After listening to many recordings (including Ken's), I still think what I heard sounded like a Sedge -- but it was distant.
Pam Hunt heard the candidate Sedge, but it didn't call a lot and she did have traffic noise.
Susan Wrisley heard a Marsh Wren in the northwest corner of the marsh and also heard the Sedge Wren candidate in the southwest corner of the marsh.

As of now, there are no conclusive recordings of the Sedge.

I'm wondering if there could be both a Marsh and a Sedge Wren at the site?

I encourage people to look for the bird, pay close attention to the call and that of the Marsh Wren, and record what they hear if possible.

If the bird is distant, it would probably require a good directional mike or a boat.

The marsh is on a very a busy road so please pull well off the road and be safe.

Thanks!
Becky Suomala
Concord, NH