Date: 7/21/20 5:21 pm
From: Lew & Marti Ligocki <ligockibirds...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Steller's Tricksters
I have seen Stellar’s pecking on a wooden bench and a wooden porch rail lots of times over the 20 years we’ve lived in this house. I thought they were “imitating” crows pounding on peanuts in the same locations.

A few minutes ago a family of Scrub-jays showed up and started to toss around the “mulch” under the squirrel feeder and the tray feeder nearby. Shortly after, a Stellar’s flew in and also started to toss around mulch. Could be “whatever works” or could be monkey-see-monkey-do.

Jays and crows are endless entertainment, bless ‘em.

Marti Ligocki
South Salem