Date: 7/21/20 2:45 pm
From: justin.bosler <justin.bosler...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Masked Booby and NOW Brown Booby at Lake Grapevine (Tarrant/Denton County)

Thank you for the update, Laura! It's pretty nice when a Brown Booby ends up being a consolation prize when chasing a Masked Booby. This begs the question: whats in the water at Lake Grapevine?! (the right size fish? - joking).Good birding!Justin BoslerAustin, Texas Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Laura Shine <laurashine1422...> Date: 7/21/20 4:33 PM (GMT-06:00) To: <justin.bosler...> Subject: Re: [texbirds] Re: Masked Booby at Lake Grapevine (Tarrant/Denton County) Hi, Justin.I don't know if you have seen the updates or not. The Masked Booby has not been seen again. There was an adult Brown Booby spotted today and seen multiple times. I was at the lake for over 4 hours searching and we spotted the Brown Booby around 1:30 PM. We were at Murrell Park looking South/Southwest. It stayed flying and feeding for about 15 minutes.Laura ShineGarland, TXOn Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 11:40 AM Justin Bosler <justin.bosler...> wrote:Texbirds,Any word on the Masked Booby this morning? I haven't seen any notifications on the facebook thread.Thank you!Justin BoslerAustin, TexasOn Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 9:28 PM Paula Channell <pchannell34...> wrote:Couldn't  go this afternoon/ evening.  Hoping for tomorrow morning. Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 8:03 PM, Justin Bosler<justin.bosler...> wrote: Any luck in refinding it?JustinOn Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 7:33 PM Paula Channell <pchannell34...> wrote:Thank you!Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 5:19 PM, justin.bosler<justin.bosler...> wrote:
The woman who found it said it was flying up and down the shoreline but failed to provide any details regarding where. I'm just the basic info messenger. JustinSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone-------- Original message --------From: Paula Channell <pchannell34...> Date: 7/20/20 4:58 PM (GMT-06:00) To: <justin.bosler...> Subject: Re: [texbirds] Masked Booby at Lake Grapevine (Tarrant/Denton County) Where at Lake Grapevine?Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 4:36 PM, Justin Bosler<justin.bosler...> wrote: Texbirds,This just hit the Birds of Texas facebook page. There's a first-summer Masked Booby at Lake Grapevine in Tarrant/ Denton County today. It appears to be the first deep interior record for the state (per eBird). You might want to rush over there if you're close by.Good luck!Justin BoslerAustin, Texas

Join us on Facebook!