Date: 7/21/20 2:00 pm
From: <t4c1x...>
Subject: [obol] mystery mimic
For about ten minutes this morning I heard some kind of bird imitating a California Quail here at Thornton Creek, Lincoln Co. It certainly was not a quail, because it was up in the trees, and it moved around over a fairly large area in a short time. I don't think it was a starling, either, because their mimic call sounds a lot like a real quail, and the rendition this bird was giving was a rather poor imitation. I never did catch up with whatever was making the call, and never did see it, so it remains a mystery.

Darrel

Join us on Facebook!