Date: 7/21/20 12:52 pm
From: Keith Carris <kcarris38...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Upland Sandpiper - Linn County
I have been checking the Sod Farm at Deal Rd. and Troy Mills Road for
several weeks now as this has been a prime spot for UPLAND SANDPIPER in
past years. Today while scoping from Troy Mills Rd at he rapidly
disappearing sod on the far Northwest corner of the Sod Farm, two birds
flew almost over my car and made their diagnostic flight call. I watched
where they landed and confirmed the identity with the scope. It would be
wise to look soon if interested as the amount of remaining sod is fast
disappearing. I figure that in another week, the sod will be gone and the
whole area reseeded to grass and cover. a scope is a must as the
remaining sod is a very long way from the road.