Date: 7/21/20 11:52 am
From: omoo3 via groups.io <omoo3=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] White Pelican in Hudson
A White Pelican is hanging out at the north end of the Middle Ground Flats (island) north of Hudson and immediately downriver from Stockport Flats.

It can be seen from the City of Hudson, about a mile-and-a-half upriver.

Go to the northwest corner of the city to a group of city-owned, dilapidated fishing shacks (next to the wastewater treatment plant), then pull up to the train tracks.

In early August 2011, I observed a White Pelican on the Middle Ground Flats immediately opposite Hudson's state boat launch. About a week later it flew upriver and ended up in (I think) Cohoes. Nobody checked the record, though, to see that it had traveled from points south.

Timothy O'Connor
Hudson