Date: 7/21/20 10:48 am
From: 'Denise' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: Re: [birders] OT: A fascinating moth
Beautiful! What great camouflage!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 1:34 PM, Allen Chartier<amazilia3...> wrote: I believe it is a Pandorus Sphinx Moth. The Peterson Field Guide to Moths by Beadle and Leckie is an excellent source, and an app that I also like for this kind of thing is called SEEK.
Allen T. ChartierInkster, MichiganEmail: <amazilia3...>: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mihummingbirdguy/collections/
Website/Blog: http://mihummingbirdguy.blogspot.com/

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 1:27 PM 'Maryse Brouwers' via Birders <birders...> wrote:

It’s about 3 inches wide and has been lying on my sidewalk for at least two hours.  Can the moth experts ID this creature?

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<183F0302-E55F-409C-B5F6-56DB6D95E3D8...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org