Date: 7/21/20 9:14 am
From: Lindsey Duval <lindsey.duval...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Red Crossbills - Rensselaer Co.
This morning I hiked at both Robert Ingalls Preserve and Chestnut Hill
Nature Preserve in Renss. Co. and had Red Crossbills flying low over Robert
Ingalls giving their "jip jip jip" call. At Chestnut Hill I was bent down
looking at a mushroom when a bird I didn't even know was nearby erupted
into a song I wasn't familiar with. I looked up to see a Red Crossbill take
off!

I noticed on eBird that the whole area south of Cherry Plain SP has no
records of RECR so I am glad to add a few.

Lindsey D.