Date: 7/21/20 7:58 am
From: Dan Rottino via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Migration in July - LA Waterthrush
Hi Angela, I have the same EXACT experience! I have a large brook and see or hear the Louisiana almost daily from first week in April until third week in August but confirming breeding has been difficult. I even staked out the probable nest location for hours a few days in succession to no avail but may have heard the young. A few days later I finally and randomly got an adult with one flegling away from that spot. Their nesting is very secretive. I believe I have only seen fledglings one other time in 20 years. Scarlet tanager is another breeding nemesis for me -sings from treetop daily though. Good luck and keep trying!

Dan Rottino
East Haddam, CT