Date: 7/20/20 11:27 pm
From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: [ebird...]... Ruddy Black Turnstones and Lesser Yellow-legged Tattlers at the Cove?
See below.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
Date: Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 23:23
Subject: Fwd: [ebird...]... Ruddy Black Turnstones and Lesser Yellow-legged
Tattlers at the Cove?
To: <obol...>

Regarding an ebird county-year list alert (see fwd below):

Perhaps there were four Ruddy Turnstones and two Lesser Yellowlegs at The
Cove in Seaside this evening. Earlier today I saw 33 BLACK TURNSTONES and 2
WANDERING TATTLERS on the boulders waiting out the high tide. Steve Warner
had called me about them when he sighted them there this morning. I looked
carefully st each turnstone for a Ruddy, but only found a couple Black
Turnstones in finest full breeding plumage with white Mark's in the face
and red legs. These more colorful and more patterned plumaged Black
Turnstone individuals can and have been mistaken for Ruddy Turnstones by
birders, and so be ware...

Lesser Yellowlegs would be unexpected at the cobble and boulder beach at
The Cove, though certainly possible. I suspect though that they may have
been the two Tattlers. This is all veery presumptuous of me and I will set
my table for a dish of crow just in case...

Good birding. I hope I am wrong as both species would be year birds for me
and they're cool birds!

Sincerely,

David

David C. Bailey