Date: 7/20/20 4:05 am
From: Christina Nieves via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] CTBirds Digest, Vol 4889, Issue 1 "Owl"
Went outside this morning around 5:30a as Blue Jays were screeching; usually means a hawk is around. I was surprised to see an owl - a Barred Owl, I believe, perched on an old ladder in my driveway. I know owls reside nearby, as I've heard them, and seen their wing "tracks" in the snow hunting rabbits. It eventually flew onto the roof of a neighbor's house, under a low hanging branch, such that it was mostly covered by leaves. Checking periodically to see if it left, and make sure its not injured. Although the Blue Jays have stopped screeching, a good sign, usually means all clear of raptors.
Christina Nieves