Date: 7/19/20 4:31 pm
From: Walter Medwid <wmedwid...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Yellow throated warbler sighted Derby
While watching for the pending storms to hit from my deck, I did hear a
bird call that was completely unfamiliar in the brush before me. Soon after
hearing the call I spotted a warbler ( I thought) working the trees for
insects on the side of my house. I had my binocs and spotted the bird but
could not identify it. I made mental notes of the markings and watched it
until it flew away. I grabbed two guides and determined it to be a yellow
throated warbler-a bird I had never seen before. So distinctive with the
bright yellow upper throat and a black mask. Tried to enter it into my
ebird list for the day but ebird won’t pull up the species on my iPhone.
What a treat to see this most unexpected species.

Join us on Facebook!