Date: 7/19/20 1:53 pm
From: maevulus <maevulus...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Songs
There's less song now, yes - but I've been astonished this year by how
frequent some songs are this late in the breeding season. Maybe it's
just because I'm home all the time and paying more attention, but I
can't remember ever hearing Common Yellowthroats and Chestnut-sided
Warblers singing so often in July. We hear our resident catbird daily,
along with Song Sparrows, American Robins (including one virtuoso that
welcomes each dawn with twenty minutes or more of truly glorious song),
goldfinches, House Finches, Red-eyed Vireos and even an occasional
shout-out from a Rose-breasted Grosbeak. The Ovenbird across the street
sang regularly until about a week ago.
Maeve Kim, Jericho Center

Join us on Facebook!