Date: 7/19/20 10:03 am
From: Noel Dodge <noel.dodge...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] using ebird
Hi Ruth, Yes please! Adding that code makes sorting the eBird data a much
easier task. Pulling all records by state for even a single species can be
an enormous chunk of data. Detailed notes on breeding behavior are also
helpful. There are several state agencies (Including VFWD whom I work for)
using or exploring using eBird data to help map new breeding occurrences
across states for species of concern.
I co-authored a paper on it last year:
https://www.natureserve.org/biodiversity-science/publications/using-citizen-science-data-support-conservation-environmental

I’m hoping to find the time in the future to attempt to replicate the study
with Vermont data. Just have to find the time!
-Noel Dodge

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Join us on Facebook!