Date: 7/18/20 8:13 pm
From: Richard Guthrie <richardpguthrie...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] using ebird
I believe Some species may be trying for a second or third brood ( Vireos, Cardinal, Robin, etc,) While others may be hanging around in extended family groups with Dad (or Mom) holding down the territory boundaries.

Then there are those that are done and getting ready to leave town (if they haven’t done so already).

I’m expecting to see some migrant passerines in my yard any day now. Yellow Warbler, which doesn’t breed here, comes to mind. Many swallows of each species are already going by in impressive numbers.

Rich Guthrie
NewBaltimore
The Greene County
New York

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 18, 2020, at 10:57 PM, R Stewart <2cnewbirds...> wrote:
>
> Is there value in adding a breeding code such as H -Appropriate Habitat, S
> - singing, or P - pair in suitable habitat at this point in the season?
> Except for AMGO, aren't most birds nesting or finished, rather than
> potentially nesting?
> -
> Ruth Stewart
> E. Dorset VT